Skip to main content
Habulan Taya!

"HABULAN" TEASER


HABULAN NA TALAGA!



Every team in every agency will have that story... you know, that story about the project that just seemed to take forever to get approved, to get produced. (Russ always wins with his "we did 99 storyboards" story.)

Anyway, when the team got the brief for this project, they came up with stories about a city where cake-people lived and where cakes envied other cakes and cakes other cakes and those just didn't fly with client. After several meetings, the idea for using cartoon or comic book characters was suggested by client. Since the product is all about this choco-coated cake, using the residents of PUGAD BABOY became the obvious choice.

It was great to finally get to work with Pol Medina Jr. I was able to attend the first meeting with him, but then I had to leave for my 3-month gig in KL. Anyway, this project has always been Mervin's baby and he definitely made sure this baby came out right. When I came back from KL, the team was still in the finaly stages of the animation. Direk Jeorge and the team at Underground Logic experienced a lot of firsts in doing this project. It was learning experience for all of us. I asked Jeorge if he'd ever want to do a full-length episode of an animated series and he said he'd need to go on a long vacation before handling a project like that.

A lot of work by a lot of people went into making sure this 30-second commercial looked great. Roll credits please!

Project: HABULAN
Client: URC
Product: Quake Overload
Agency: Harrison Communications

ECD: Alex Arellano / DECD: Budjette Tan
ACD: Mervin Ignacio / AD: Mark Pahate
Accounts: Maricel Pangilinan-Arenas, Monday Gonzales, Sinta Rosales-Baguio, Ethel Dino

Production House: Unitel Productions
Director: Jeorge Agcaoili
Producer: Datu Gallaga

Animation/SFX: Underground Logic
Artists: Wayne Dayauon, Richard Haw, Russ Galicia, Marlowe Mercado, Nath Robite, Jose Ticsay
Editor: Melanie Valera

Comments

Asteg! Sana maging series of commercials yan with the PB characters.

Also, Happy Birthday din pala, Grandmaster!
Paolo Dy said…
Oh my god this is awesome!!!! :D

And as a huge fan of Medina, I know I'd *definitely* take on a Pugad Baboy series any day given the chance :D (Of course, just file this under the category of "Famous Last Words" hehe...)

Popular posts from this blog

Budjette Tan 2023 update

Hi all! If you have somehow stumbled upon this old blog looking for something TRESE related, then you've come to right place.   Well... kind of.   Hi! I'm Budjette Tan, the writer of the comic book TRESE, which I co-created with Kajo Baldisimo.  You can get updates about the book over at https://www.facebook.com/TreseComics   I sometimes talk about the other things I'm writing about at https://www.facebook.com/BudjetteTanStories   And I'm also on Instagram, where I post about what I'm reading, eating, and of course about Trese https://www.instagram.com/budjette/   Over at Twitter, I'm just RT-ing and posting about comics, movies, and whatever else pops up on my feed https://twitter.com/budjette  I'm also on TikTok, but I don't know what to do with that account, so there's nothing to see there. And here's a picture of me about to enter a balate tree... it's not the Great Balete Tree and it did not transport me to another realm. But it wa
PANDAY RIDING THAT HEROIC CYCLE Below is an email ELSA BIBAT posted in the Alamat mailing list , prompted by a thread about making/writing/creating a new Panday story. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Okay, okay, I'm back...and I was hoping to have a break from writing stuff. Anyway, it is incredible that someone actually remembered the post. It's been lost to time for exactly a two years now. Thank you for notifying me. Let's begin with the original videotapes. My original videotapes are lost to time, but, I caught all three of the trilogy in ABS-CBN's FPJ Theater... or was that Saturday Action Cinema? GMA 7 went the entire nine yards and showed the entire series in one of their old Tagalog action film shows that were on Saturday nights. The sight alone of the aliens of Panday IV raising the undead and turning innocent villagers to badly made-up extras makes my belly ache. As an aside, FPJ should exercise the rights a

I AM A FILIPINO

I am a Filipino – inheritor of a glorious past, hostage to the uncertain future. As such, I must prove equal to a two-fold task – the task of meeting my responsibility to the past, and the task of performing my obligation to the future. I am sprung from a hardy race – child many generations removed of ancient Malayan pioneers. Across the centuries, the memory comes rushing back to me: of brown-skinned men putting out to sea in ships that were as frail as their hearts were stout. Over the sea I see them come, borne upon the billowing wave and the whistling wind, carried upon the mighty swell of hope – hope in the free abundance of the new land that was to be their home and their children’s forever. This is the land they sought and found. Every inch of shore that their eyes first set upon, every hill and mountain that beckoned to them with a green and purple invitation, every mile of rolling plain that their view encompassed, every river and lake that promised a plentiful living