Skip to main content

BEING BUDJETTE TAN


Gerry is part of ph-cyberview@yahoogroups.com and he sent me this message thread.



Message 3
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 01:23:23 +0800
From: Jim Ayson
Subject: Budjette Tan's mobile blog


Those of you who are into the local comics scene may know of Alamat comics and its head honcho Budjette Tan. I just found out he maintains a mobile photo blog at Phlog.net.

The URL is http://www.phlog.net/user/budjette

It's updated often (through the mobile I think) and is a little strange, as you eavesdrop on meetings etc... It kind of reminds me of that Spike Jonze movie "Being John Malkovich" where you get to enter a portal into the actor's brain and see the world through his eyes.

==========

Message: 5
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 06:05:33 -0000
From: "Miguel A Paraz"
Subject: Re: Budjette Tan's mobile blog


About the pics with the meeting with Globe's president (Budjette's day job is for Harrison Communications) - maybe he's proposing a mobile blogging service! I think he had something to do with building Globe XTM - which didn't turn out to be so hot, I think.

==========

Message: 6
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 06:08:56 -0000
From: "Miguel A Paraz"
Subject: Re: Will Mobile Photo Blogging Save MMS?


Technically, it's easy to build a mobile blogging system... the existing ones you listed are apparently built using scrappy scripts and glue. The commercial supplier I pointed out before just hacked on Roller Weblogger, which I use.

However, it seems to me that to date, there has been no successful "media" web service based on mobile stuff. I can think
of "communications" apps like Chikka, or Bidshot.

Maybe it's because the critical mass of web users is too small to make an impact.

==========

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:02:14 +0800
From: Jim Ayson
Subject: Re: Re: Budjette Tan's mobile blog


Globe XTM's ad campaign centered on a comic/superhero theme - I understand he was involved in that project.


* * * * * * * * * * * *

Wow... I'm semi-famous! I'm quasi-famous! I'm... IN-famous! he he he

Anyway... to kinda answer their queries...

Yes, all the photos are taken with my Nokia 7650 and uploaded via MMS.

The meeting with the President of Globe was partly to celebrate Emily Abrera's 25th Anniversary in the advertising.

And yes, I think mobile blogging will save MMS because people, especially Filipinos, love to show off their pictures, love to see themselves in some form of media (TV, a magazine, a web site), and it's the best way to "save" all the pictures taken because one can only save some much photos in their phone. Mobile blogging will also allow people to upload/back-up those precious "sweet"/ memorable/ life-changing text messages they don't want to delete.

So, there...

Wow... people are talking about me. ME! ME! ME!

Maybe I should start referring to myself like royalty.

We are flattered by your kind word and we would like to thank you for all your support.

Ahem...

Enough.

It's 2am.

Time to go home.





Popular posts from this blog

Budjette Tan 2023 update

Hi all! If you have somehow stumbled upon this old blog looking for something TRESE related, then you've come to right place.   Well... kind of.   Hi! I'm Budjette Tan, the writer of the comic book TRESE, which I co-created with Kajo Baldisimo.  You can get updates about the book over at https://www.facebook.com/TreseComics   I sometimes talk about the other things I'm writing about at https://www.facebook.com/BudjetteTanStories   And I'm also on Instagram, where I post about what I'm reading, eating, and of course about Trese https://www.instagram.com/budjette/   Over at Twitter, I'm just RT-ing and posting about comics, movies, and whatever else pops up on my feed https://twitter.com/budjette  I'm also on TikTok, but I don't know what to do with that account, so there's nothing to see there. And here's a picture of me about to enter a balate tree... it's not the Great Balete Tree and it did not transport me to another realm. But it wa
PANDAY RIDING THAT HEROIC CYCLE Below is an email ELSA BIBAT posted in the Alamat mailing list , prompted by a thread about making/writing/creating a new Panday story. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Okay, okay, I'm back...and I was hoping to have a break from writing stuff. Anyway, it is incredible that someone actually remembered the post. It's been lost to time for exactly a two years now. Thank you for notifying me. Let's begin with the original videotapes. My original videotapes are lost to time, but, I caught all three of the trilogy in ABS-CBN's FPJ Theater... or was that Saturday Action Cinema? GMA 7 went the entire nine yards and showed the entire series in one of their old Tagalog action film shows that were on Saturday nights. The sight alone of the aliens of Panday IV raising the undead and turning innocent villagers to badly made-up extras makes my belly ache. As an aside, FPJ should exercise the rights a

I AM A FILIPINO

I am a Filipino – inheritor of a glorious past, hostage to the uncertain future. As such, I must prove equal to a two-fold task – the task of meeting my responsibility to the past, and the task of performing my obligation to the future. I am sprung from a hardy race – child many generations removed of ancient Malayan pioneers. Across the centuries, the memory comes rushing back to me: of brown-skinned men putting out to sea in ships that were as frail as their hearts were stout. Over the sea I see them come, borne upon the billowing wave and the whistling wind, carried upon the mighty swell of hope – hope in the free abundance of the new land that was to be their home and their children’s forever. This is the land they sought and found. Every inch of shore that their eyes first set upon, every hill and mountain that beckoned to them with a green and purple invitation, every mile of rolling plain that their view encompassed, every river and lake that promised a plentiful living