Skip to main content


MARCH 27, 2002 WEDNESDAY 4:42pm

Still at the office.
My email is down.
At least PinoyExchange is online again.
I realized last night that I spend too much online doing nothing.
Well, I check what’s new with comic books, go to my usual favorite blogs, then head off to the message boards. Well, now there’s cc:Café Creatives which Brandie and I plan to promote, maybe after the Holy Week. Nice to see that people have been coming and posting. Most of them just lurk around, according to the visitor’s log. Nothing like a controversy to get people going to you site or message board. Look at what happened with Gerry’s site. After he put up that article, his message board got so busy and crazy he had to move it to Delphi. Not that I plan to put anything controversial in Cafe Creatives, but knowing this industry, I'm sure something will come up.

Well, the next couple of days will be a bit of rest.
Forced into reflection as we do our usual Holy Week routine of attend all the masses and services.

Last week, I got a break from the usual fare when I met up with the guys last Friday. Met up with the Brigade Boys… I guess that’s the quickest way to describe them. They’re not really the Alamat guys… they’re the guys who I used to hang-out with in Cyber Café… but not anymore. I rarely see the guys who supposedly comprise of Alamat these days. They’re usually in Comic Quest and these days, because of work, it sometimes takes me week before I get to go there and when I do go there, they’re usually not there.

So, anyway, I was with the Brigade Boys and Dang started to rant that didn’t blog about his wedding. Which goes to show how crazy work has been. I haven’t been able to write in my journal as well. Anyway, to fulfill my blog's only fanboy…

Dang and Doris had a wonderful wedding! It was fantastic! We were afraid Bow would make a fool of himself when he gave his best man speech… and he did. But he looked like a good fool. Everyone thought he was drunk, but that didn’t really matter because everyone laughed in all the right places.

It was also interesting to see the German Boys at work. Which makes me wonder if there’s some German manual on how to host a show or how to entertain guests, because they were all saying the variations of the same jokes, delivered in the same manner. It was amazing! It was funny! It was the Germans!

Big surprise of the evening was hearing Doris sing. We told her that if she ever decided to leave the corporate world, we’d be her managers and Mark would get her in the ABS-CBN talent pool and have her do medleys in ASAP with whoever is promoting an album or movie that week.

And despite the fact that it was a wedding, reception, outfits, and all, it didn’t feel like a wedding. It felt like the TAGG boys just had a very big get together. And I wondered what Rog would have had to say about every thing. I suspect he would have been the most sentimental of the bunch. Then again, who knows, he might have gotten married way before Dang. Who knows, indeed?

Anyway… going back to that Friday night.
We met up with them at Jade Palace. They just came from watching QUEEN OF THE DAMNED. Which prompted Dang to ask, if you had to fight Lestat which super-hero would you be? And the answers ranged from Superman to Colossus to the Beyonder. They should put us in Cinema One!

We then moved to KSP where we spent the rest of the night talking about the Sopranos and our favorite Twilight Zone episodes.

Saturday night, Brandie and I met up with Karen and Tricia at Big Sky Mind, where we were all surprised to find out that Hank is now the bartender. Jing came along and Eddieboy followed and we just talked about a whole lot of things that had nothing to do with the world of advertising.

Those two nights felt like a mini-break from work.
That we had the chance to hang-out with friends and talk and laugh.
Given the money, I’m sure our lives would make a great Kevin Smith movie.

Fun.

“Fun! Fun! Fun! Or your day back!”









Popular posts from this blog

Budjette Tan 2023 update

Hi all! If you have somehow stumbled upon this old blog looking for something TRESE related, then you've come to right place.   Well... kind of.   Hi! I'm Budjette Tan, the writer of the comic book TRESE, which I co-created with Kajo Baldisimo.  You can get updates about the book over at https://www.facebook.com/TreseComics   I sometimes talk about the other things I'm writing about at https://www.facebook.com/BudjetteTanStories   And I'm also on Instagram, where I post about what I'm reading, eating, and of course about Trese https://www.instagram.com/budjette/   Over at Twitter, I'm just RT-ing and posting about comics, movies, and whatever else pops up on my feed https://twitter.com/budjette  I'm also on TikTok, but I don't know what to do with that account, so there's nothing to see there. And here's a picture of me about to enter a balate tree... it's not the Great Balete Tree and it did not transport me to another realm. But it wa
PANDAY RIDING THAT HEROIC CYCLE Below is an email ELSA BIBAT posted in the Alamat mailing list , prompted by a thread about making/writing/creating a new Panday story. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Okay, okay, I'm back...and I was hoping to have a break from writing stuff. Anyway, it is incredible that someone actually remembered the post. It's been lost to time for exactly a two years now. Thank you for notifying me. Let's begin with the original videotapes. My original videotapes are lost to time, but, I caught all three of the trilogy in ABS-CBN's FPJ Theater... or was that Saturday Action Cinema? GMA 7 went the entire nine yards and showed the entire series in one of their old Tagalog action film shows that were on Saturday nights. The sight alone of the aliens of Panday IV raising the undead and turning innocent villagers to badly made-up extras makes my belly ache. As an aside, FPJ should exercise the rights a

I AM A FILIPINO

I am a Filipino – inheritor of a glorious past, hostage to the uncertain future. As such, I must prove equal to a two-fold task – the task of meeting my responsibility to the past, and the task of performing my obligation to the future. I am sprung from a hardy race – child many generations removed of ancient Malayan pioneers. Across the centuries, the memory comes rushing back to me: of brown-skinned men putting out to sea in ships that were as frail as their hearts were stout. Over the sea I see them come, borne upon the billowing wave and the whistling wind, carried upon the mighty swell of hope – hope in the free abundance of the new land that was to be their home and their children’s forever. This is the land they sought and found. Every inch of shore that their eyes first set upon, every hill and mountain that beckoned to them with a green and purple invitation, every mile of rolling plain that their view encompassed, every river and lake that promised a plentiful living