Skip to main content

Last week I was trying to come up idea for my wonderful clients and was stuck. Since I was just sitting in Starbucks and was just rambling on my scratch paper, I decided to get a little help from my friends. I texted them and asked, "How has your life changed ever since you got a cellphone? What makes have a cellphone so good?" And these are their answers:


Because of caller ID, I can now ignore those I don’t want to talk to.

Traffic doesn’t frustrate me as much.

Coordinating with your wife/gf in a big mall is easier.

Kills a boring day.

Makes life more fun for flirts.

Shows you’re not forgotten.

Keeping in touch with friends that I don’t always see.
Round up people for movie night.

My friends keep changing plans.
And people spell bad.

Easier to keep in touch with people, ask for people to help
I've become more dependent on tech. Feel cut-off when i don't it.

Less hassle your plans.
Your friends are at the palm of you hands.
Helps with long distance relationships.
It's a Monitoring device.
No need to wait.
Easier to get in touch with friends.

When your in a comfy crowd and are just quiet and bored and don’t want to look lost you can text or play snake
Communicate with people over long distances more often, more conveniently

Stay in touch with people while I’m on the go.
Stay in touch with people who are too tedious to call but you don’t want to lose the acquaintance of.

My mom became more outgoing because of texting she felt like she was becoming closer to her friends without having to go through the hassle of going out when getting dressed.

My secretary in the office got more suitors because of.

And it bridged gap when he would be in the province while I was here in Manila.

Easier to coordinate gimmicks or events

I also get work done during “down times” such as when I’m stuck in traffic or waiting for my ka-meeting.
I can also pretend to be texting when a meeting bored me.

Life has become more spontaneous, flexible at the same time there’s more control when it comes to socializing and planning gmiks of course many times I’ve become a slave to it when it comes to work.

So now there’s no distinction between office and family or leisure time. But the question is, is this good? Answer—it depends, it may or may be. I’m on call 24 hours, meaning office can reach me even beyond office hours and family can call me even when I’m at work.


Popular posts from this blog

Couple of weeks ago, Ms. Diyco featured another campaign made by the creatives here at Harrison Communications. Here's her review about the Neozep "Neozerye" TV campaign: Romancing the mighty colds cure ADS AND ENDS, Nanette A Franco-Diyco BUSINESS WORLD Vol. XX, No. 139, Friday-Saturday, February 9-10, 2007 http://www.bworldonline.com/Weekender020907/main.php?id=marketing_diyco The four television commercials that serialize the life of pretty housemaid Luwalhati, culminating in a storybook wedding to her once-upon-a-time señorito from the imposing mansion belong to an ad campaign awards class all its own. There have been other spoofs of soap operas selling other brand categories in the past. But for several reasons put together, the Neozep series of commercials that began with honest-to-goodness ad teasers that looked and sounded like teasers for true-blue soap operas proved ultra entertaining and more importantly, "reinforced Neozep’s leadership and further s...

Will you Play it Safe in 2025?

One of my favorite songs which I learned about early this year. Our boss at the agency played this at one of our town hall meetings. It's reminder to all creators that we will always be told to "stick to safe ideas" (which is fine, if you just want to get the work done and go home) but there will always be this other voice at the back of your head that will ask, "Maybe there's another way to do this? Maybe there's a better way to tell this story? Maybe you can tell if from a different point of view and make this old story feel like new? Maybe you can spend a few more minutes working on it? How about it? Let's give it a try? Another hour trying to re-write? Let's give it a go!" What I love about this song is how the lyrics take on the conservative point-of-view and how the visuals show us the exact opposite. One of my favorite bits of this song is this part, where the lyrics starts to give you a "list of commands", like it's a list o...
The Flag Bearer I have always found it curious that in Philippine pop culture, there has never been a popular flag-bearing character. In United States, the obvious example would be Captain America; followed by Wonder Woman (with her red, white, blue and star-spangled outfit) and of course, Superman (whose costume follows the color motif of the American flag). They became symbols for the American people during World War II. In the days after 9/11, more New Yorkers were seen wearing their Superman and Captain America t-shirts. If we take a look at other countries, they didn’t seem to see the need to create such a character. Even when Marvel created characters like The Guardian (a Canadian super-hero) and Union Jack (a British super-hero), they didn’t seem to develop a big enough following and have comic book titles that reached the 100th issue or spin-off to become a TV or cartoon show. Here in the Philippines, popular characters like Darna and Panday are not “flag bearers”. I guess, ...