Skip to main content


Welcome to DAY 5 of our "slight delay."

I think I'll just stop talking about the books release... just in case I'm am jinxing it by talking too much about it.

We are fixing the problem and everything should be rolling by next week.

I'll just formalling announce the availability of the book when it's already in my hands.


Raining again today.
I feel like the weather.

The NU107 Rockology at St.Scho was cancelled due to weather conditions.
That was the main reason I went on leave today, so that I could promote B72 at that event.

Rain
Rain
Go away
Come again
Another day

... I just want my comic book printed...

geezz...

I wonder if Gaiman goes through these things...

On Gaiman's blog, he was talking about seeing his son off to college and bringing his youngest daughter to meet her new grade school teacher. Just makes me wonder what it's like growing up in the Gaiman household. What stories does he tell his kids? Are his kids just "sick" of hearing all these fantastic stories? I know I wouldn't.

It is raining outside and now I have all day to do what I want.

Stangely enough, Karen and Bow have txtd asking what my plans are, as if they knew that I wasn't doing anything.

I've come to believe that there's no such thing as coincidence, that everything happens for a reason, that you get that flat tire because you were supposed to be late for the dinner because you were supposed to meet someone on that road, someone who'd come to help you.

So, I guess I'll just have to ride this wave, brave the weather, and see what the day has in store.

Hope to see you all soon at the comic book store.

Popular posts from this blog

Couple of weeks ago, Ms. Diyco featured another campaign made by the creatives here at Harrison Communications. Here's her review about the Neozep "Neozerye" TV campaign: Romancing the mighty colds cure ADS AND ENDS, Nanette A Franco-Diyco BUSINESS WORLD Vol. XX, No. 139, Friday-Saturday, February 9-10, 2007 http://www.bworldonline.com/Weekender020907/main.php?id=marketing_diyco The four television commercials that serialize the life of pretty housemaid Luwalhati, culminating in a storybook wedding to her once-upon-a-time señorito from the imposing mansion belong to an ad campaign awards class all its own. There have been other spoofs of soap operas selling other brand categories in the past. But for several reasons put together, the Neozep series of commercials that began with honest-to-goodness ad teasers that looked and sounded like teasers for true-blue soap operas proved ultra entertaining and more importantly, "reinforced Neozep’s leadership and further s...

Will you Play it Safe in 2025?

One of my favorite songs which I learned about early this year. Our boss at the agency played this at one of our town hall meetings. It's reminder to all creators that we will always be told to "stick to safe ideas" (which is fine, if you just want to get the work done and go home) but there will always be this other voice at the back of your head that will ask, "Maybe there's another way to do this? Maybe there's a better way to tell this story? Maybe you can tell if from a different point of view and make this old story feel like new? Maybe you can spend a few more minutes working on it? How about it? Let's give it a try? Another hour trying to re-write? Let's give it a go!" What I love about this song is how the lyrics take on the conservative point-of-view and how the visuals show us the exact opposite. One of my favorite bits of this song is this part, where the lyrics starts to give you a "list of commands", like it's a list o...
The Flag Bearer I have always found it curious that in Philippine pop culture, there has never been a popular flag-bearing character. In United States, the obvious example would be Captain America; followed by Wonder Woman (with her red, white, blue and star-spangled outfit) and of course, Superman (whose costume follows the color motif of the American flag). They became symbols for the American people during World War II. In the days after 9/11, more New Yorkers were seen wearing their Superman and Captain America t-shirts. If we take a look at other countries, they didn’t seem to see the need to create such a character. Even when Marvel created characters like The Guardian (a Canadian super-hero) and Union Jack (a British super-hero), they didn’t seem to develop a big enough following and have comic book titles that reached the 100th issue or spin-off to become a TV or cartoon show. Here in the Philippines, popular characters like Darna and Panday are not “flag bearers”. I guess, ...