Skip to main content
MURPHY'S DAY

Woke up and found out my rear right tire was flat.
And my spare tire was also flat.
So, I had both tires fixed only to find out that my rear right tire was beyond repair and had to buy a new one.
So, I got the new one and drove home to finally take a bath, dress up, and get some errands done.
When I walked back to my car my rear right tire was flat again!
So, I brought it back to the same repair guy who then told me the "pito"-- that rubber thingee/nozzle where you pump in air had already cracked due to wear and tear. And so I got a new "pito" and finally had four running wheels.

I then went to this upholstery shop along Santolan, because a couple of days ago, the driver seat of my car went on a permanent recline. Some metal bar snapped and I had to drive around the city lying down. After I got that fixed, I drove to E.Rodriguez to get some paperwork processed. When I got to the place, I discovered that I left my bag in the upholstery shop! So, I had to drive back there to get it and didn't get the paperwork done. On the way back, my car engine started to overheat, so I ahd to stop at the nearest gass station to put water in my radiator. Because of that, I also was not able to get my barong for Petite & Mark's wedding.

Decided to go to the printing press to check B72 and give it the go signal. The printer said some copy on the cover might get cut because its too near the edge of the paper. I gave them to go ahead anyway because the comic book has to be ready by next week.

It was already 7:30pm.
Drove to the Westine Philippine Plaza for the McCann Christmas party.

OLE! OLE! OLE! VIVA HARRISON!

After all that aggravation, I'm glad that we had a fun party.

Since this year's theme was supposed to be a "Latin Party", the whole Harrison decided to come as the Brazilian soccer team, complete with scream fan girls.

This year, the team was given two awards and several people in the team were included in this year's honor roll for doing outstanding work... me included. :)

I just hope that I can continue to do the work and do better next year. As the saying goes, "You're only as good as your last act."

Now, if only I can do as well in the realm of comic books.

Right now, my energies are focused in my work here in Harrison Communications-- at least I'm having fun (with it's fair share of frustrations).

Every year, the last entry in my journal is TO BE BETTER THAN BEFORE. I guess I've fulfilled that in certain areas in my life.
Right?

Anyway, it's 2am and I'm babbling.

Gnite.










Popular posts from this blog

Couple of weeks ago, Ms. Diyco featured another campaign made by the creatives here at Harrison Communications. Here's her review about the Neozep "Neozerye" TV campaign: Romancing the mighty colds cure ADS AND ENDS, Nanette A Franco-Diyco BUSINESS WORLD Vol. XX, No. 139, Friday-Saturday, February 9-10, 2007 http://www.bworldonline.com/Weekender020907/main.php?id=marketing_diyco The four television commercials that serialize the life of pretty housemaid Luwalhati, culminating in a storybook wedding to her once-upon-a-time señorito from the imposing mansion belong to an ad campaign awards class all its own. There have been other spoofs of soap operas selling other brand categories in the past. But for several reasons put together, the Neozep series of commercials that began with honest-to-goodness ad teasers that looked and sounded like teasers for true-blue soap operas proved ultra entertaining and more importantly, "reinforced Neozep’s leadership and further s...

Will you Play it Safe in 2025?

One of my favorite songs which I learned about early this year. Our boss at the agency played this at one of our town hall meetings. It's reminder to all creators that we will always be told to "stick to safe ideas" (which is fine, if you just want to get the work done and go home) but there will always be this other voice at the back of your head that will ask, "Maybe there's another way to do this? Maybe there's a better way to tell this story? Maybe you can tell if from a different point of view and make this old story feel like new? Maybe you can spend a few more minutes working on it? How about it? Let's give it a try? Another hour trying to re-write? Let's give it a go!" What I love about this song is how the lyrics take on the conservative point-of-view and how the visuals show us the exact opposite. One of my favorite bits of this song is this part, where the lyrics starts to give you a "list of commands", like it's a list o...
The Flag Bearer I have always found it curious that in Philippine pop culture, there has never been a popular flag-bearing character. In United States, the obvious example would be Captain America; followed by Wonder Woman (with her red, white, blue and star-spangled outfit) and of course, Superman (whose costume follows the color motif of the American flag). They became symbols for the American people during World War II. In the days after 9/11, more New Yorkers were seen wearing their Superman and Captain America t-shirts. If we take a look at other countries, they didn’t seem to see the need to create such a character. Even when Marvel created characters like The Guardian (a Canadian super-hero) and Union Jack (a British super-hero), they didn’t seem to develop a big enough following and have comic book titles that reached the 100th issue or spin-off to become a TV or cartoon show. Here in the Philippines, popular characters like Darna and Panday are not “flag bearers”. I guess, ...